Thursday, December 17, 2009

An Overdue Update for December


Sorry for not updating the blog regularly. I’ve been very busy over the past few months. In September, my dad found out that he had lung cancer so I was spending a lot of time at the hospital. Luckily, the hospital had wireless internet so I was able to do a lot of writing on my laptop. It was stage 1 cancer and the doctors were able to remove the tumor from his lung. I’m happy to report that he’s cancer free and he hasn’t smoked a cigarette since the surgery in September. As far as my writing goes, I am chugging along. Here’s a breakdown:

Examiner

I am not enjoying Examiner. I keep getting rude comments on my articles so I have not posted much since the end of September. When I do not post, my earnings fall like a rock. I still have not made payout. I am at $20 and payout is $25. I am going to make a few posts next month to get to payout and then forget about them.

eHow

I have posted a few more articles to eHow but not as many as I was hoping for. I only have 22 articles up so far. In November, I had one article deleted in the sweep for being a blog. It was “How to Win at Fantasy Racing” which I agree that it was blog like. My earnings have dropped during the holiday season but that is most likely because people are busy with holiday shopping and decorating. I expect the earnings to pick up after New Year’s. I will get back to my goal of 1 eHow article a day in January.

Leapforce

This is not a writing site but I have started working for them at the end of October. It is a 6 month position that pays hourly. I evaluate search engines. I cannot say anymore about it because of the non-disclosure agreement that I signed. I am trying to work 2 hours a day here but some days I just get bored with it.

Demand Studios

I have not been writing with Demand Studios much lately. This is because I got another position with them – Title Selecting. I love this position but it is becoming stressful. I am selecting titles that would be appropriate for eHow. I thought I was doing a good job but my reviews showed otherwise. I am expecting an email telling me that I got canned. Even if I get kicked off of title selecting, I can still write for them. I prefer title selecting rather than writing. Their CEs make writing stressful.

Wordgigs

I love this place. I write blurbs, articles and mini posts for them. The blurbs are 100 word stories. They are fun to write and are easy. Once in a while, I’ll get an article to write but they are pretty easy. They have some picky clients but when I get to $300, I will be able to choose which projects I want to complete. I am currently at $213. I hope to be at $300 by the end of the month.

December breakdown:

Demand Studios - $701.84 (both TS & writing)

Wordgigs - $103

Leapforce - $66.38

eHow - $8.54

Total: $879.76

Goal: $2,200

Happy holidays!

Image credit: Tibor Fazakas, http://www.sxc.hu/photo/1135796