Friday, April 9, 2010

Something has Got to Change!

I have been so un-motivated lately that it's pathetic. I only made $450 last month. That was enough to make my February car payment (I didn't have enough money to pay it in February so I paid it in March) and my credit card bill. I had to put my student loan on a 6-month forbearance. My March car payment is late, I don't have enough to make my credit card payment due on Friday and the registration on the car was due last month. Forget about paying insurance (my dad paid it last month). I can make enough money to pay all my bills and more if I would just concentrate on my work. I keep getting distracted. Don't worry though. I'm not going to get a 'real' job as my parents put it. I have a plan...

I started remodeling my office last month which has really thrown me in a loop. My plan starts with finishing my office. I painted the walls today and tomorrow I plan on taking the tape off and touching up the trim where the brush got away from me. I'm also going to finish painting the shelves and cupboards. This weekend, I'm going to start going through everything and creating four piles: throw away, keep, recycle and Salvation Army/donations. Next week, I'll bring everything into the office and organize it. I have a Dollar General gift card that I won in a sweepstakes so I'll use that to buy some organization stuff like folders and binders. I wanted to buy a new desk as there isn't really a good spot for a computer in the office but since I can't afford one, I'll have to make a spot for it.

After I get my office organized and ready to go, I'm going to create a schedule. I need to start exercising and eating better so this will be part of my schedule. I'm going to start getting up at the same time each morning and going to bed at the same time every night, something I have a hard time doing. I'll have a healthy breakfast and workout for an hour. Then, after a shower, I will have office hours - half of those hours will be working on getting money to pay my bills (content writing) and the other half will be working on niche websites and passive income opportunities. I would love to get $50 a day in passive income by August but it will take a lot of hard work.

So that's my plan. I'm confident that it will work. It might take a week or two to get used to being on a schedule but I think that it will help me become more productive. I want to actually contribute to the household chores and I want to be able to spend time away from the computer without feeling guilty that I can't pay my bills. Once I get some passive income going, I should be able to make my schedule a little more flexible. I'll post before and after pictures of my office next week after I get it finished.