Monday, December 26, 2011

Looking Ahead

My last post was six months ago so I figured this was a good time to give an update. I hope everyone had a great Christmas or Hanukkah or whatever you celebrate. Christmas started out pretty crappy but it turned out to be an okay day. I didn't get anything I had asked for so I'm a little disappointed but I think I'm over it now.

2011 Goals and Resolutions

In January 2011, I made a detailed plan for the year ahead with a list of 10 goals/resolutions I wanted to accomplish by 2012. Out of the list, I got done with only 3 things. I'm not sure what happened. Maybe I set my goals too high. Here is my list and a summary of how far I came to completing them.

1. Build Up a Completely Passive Income

I wanted to make a full time income with Adsense and Amazon. I completely failed at this goal. I am currently making around $60 a month with Adsense and $25-75 a month with Amazon. I needed to be at $2500 a month to complete this goal. FAIL

2. Save $1,000 for a Cruise

I actually completed this goal! I ended up saving $1500 for the cruise and I bought four new tires for the car. The cruise was amazing. I got to swim with stingrays, climb Mayan ruins in the rainforests of Belize, drink margaritas on the beach in Mexico and snorkel in the Caribbean Sea. It was well worth the experience. We also spent a week in Florida and went to Sea World and Busch Gardens. GOAL COMPLETE

3. Save $2,000 for a Down Payment on a House

I didn't save one cent. I found four different houses that I liked that were all under $20,000. I need to get my butt in gear and start saving before the housing market decides to rebound. FAIL

4. Save $1,000 for Bonnaroo

I saved around $800 for Bonnaroo. My parents paid for the rest. I would consider this goal completed. We went to Bonnaroo and I had a good time - for the most part. Aunt Flow decided to visit on the Saturday of the festival. I was miserable and I wasn't prepared for AF - she came early. I had to walk a mile back to camp to change undies (didn't soak through luckily) and dig out my pads from my suitcase. Horrible experience and I missed all the bands Saturday afternoon. That night was amazing though. It made me completely forget about what happened earlier in the day. Being in the pits for Buffalo Springfield and then making it to the front row for Eminem and then going to the dance party that is Dr. John was unforgettable. It made the entire trip worth it. GOAL COMPLETED

5. Lose 50 Pounds

Haha. FAIL

6. Graduate from RCTC

I not only graduated but I got a 4.0 GPA this semester and a 3.8 GPA overall. Although the homework was annoying and stupid, the classes were easy this semester. I'm so glad to be done. Now I need to put my new skills to work. GOAL COMPLETED

7. Pay Off Car Loan

I paid a little extra every month but I didn't get it paid off. I now owe $3,300. I was going to work my tail off and get it paid off by the end of January but I got fired from title selecting for Demand Studios. That totally killed my spirit to work. I still have dupe check but I don't feel like working at all. I'll be making this a priority next year. Not having to make a $400 a month car payment every month will take a lot of stress off my shoulders. FAIL

8. Go on 5 First Dates

I want to get married someday and there is no way I'm going to do that if I don't date. Dating is uncomfortable and awkward for me so I thought that going on a few practice dates would help calm me down and get me ready to date for real. Unfortunately, this never happened. I'm not embarrassed about my weight to go on a date - even if it is for practice. Maybe I'll make a similar goal for next year. FAIL

9. Learn to Play Guitar

This never happened. The guitar I own sucks - it never stays in tune and the strings aren't very flexible. FAIL

10. Run a 10K

Yeah right. FAIL

I need a couple of days to come up with my 2012 goals and I'll post them before New Year's Eve.