Sunday, September 23, 2012

New Year's Resolution Update

With a little more than 3 months until the new year, I thought I'd post a quick update on my new year's resolutions.

New Year's Resolutions Update

1. Be at $2,500 a month with Adsense before the end of the year - I'm working on this but it's probably not going to happen. I'm currently making about $100 a month.

2. Pay off car loan - $3,400 - I owe $665 on the car loan. I gave my dad $400 for a payment a couple weeks ago but he spent it on something else. Grrrrr...Anyways, I'm going to pay $250 of that this week and my dad promises to pay the rest of it next week. I sure hope so. It will be nice to be done with this loan.

3. Save $5,000 towards the down payment on a house - Nope. I have around $5 in a savings account towards this.

4. Set up a dating profile (I don't have to actually go on dates but I want to at least get used to contacting guys online) - I have a crush on a guy from this message board I belong to. I knew that he had a dating profile so I decided to check it out. I really like his profile. We have a lot in common. He seems like a nice guy online. Of course, he could be completely different in real life but I don't think so. There's only one little problem, he's in Ohio and he doesn't want a long distance relationship. I'm wondering if I should set up a dating profile and contact him anyways. It might be pointless and I might embarrass myself. Then again, he might agree to a long distance relationship anyways. I don't know what to do. He says that he wants to move after he graduates college next spring so maybe I'll wait and see where he moves before I try contacting him online.

5. Lose 50 lbs - around 1 lb a week - I started a diet last Monday and have already lost 3 lbs. I probably won't reach the goal of 50 lbs but I might be able to down 30 lbs.

6. Pay off 1 of my student loans - Not even close.

7. Go to a Vikings game - Completed!!! We went to the Vikings and Chargers game on August 24th. It was only a preseason game but I'm going to count it. The game was so much fun! It would have been better if the Vikes would have won but it was only preseason. Next year I'll aim for a regular season game.

8. Build a 3 month emergency fund - I have $15 saved up. I plan on adding to this fund in the next couple of weeks.

9. Read 2 books a month - I've read 3 books so far and I'm working on The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. It's really boring so far but I plan to finish it by the end of the month. I have a lot of reading to do if I want to complete this resolution.

10. Keep up to date on my sweepstakes - I'm slacking on this as well. Tonight, I've been working on getting caught up. Once I get caught up, I need to stay caught up. That's the challenge. Once I fall behind, I tend to give up for a few months. It would help if I won more often.