Wednesday, December 26, 2012

2012 New Year's Resolutions - Year End Update

I hope everyone has had a great holiday season so far. I had an amazing Christmas but now it's time to start thinking about New Year's resolutions. 2012 resolutions did not go very well. I only completed 2 goals out of 10. Very bad odds. I haven't thought much about 2013 resolutions but I will post them by the end of the week. They will probably be much easier than my 2012 goals so I can actually complete them.

2012 New Year's Resolutions Year End Update

1. Be at $2,500 a month with Adsense before the end of the year - FAIL - I'm only making about $100 a month with Adsense, however, my Amazon income has increased by a lot. I've made over $200 so far this month.

2. Pay off car loan - $3,400 - SUCCESS! - I paid off my car loan last month and already got the title. I'm so glad to not be making these payments anymore. Now I need to pay my dad back for all those times he paid it when I couldn't.

3. Save $5,000 towards the down payment on a house - FAIL - I have $1 in my savings account. That is not going to get me a very big house.

4. Set up a dating profile (I don't have to actually go on dates but I want to at least get used to contacting guys online) - FAIL - I did sign up for a dating website but only to spy on a guy I had a crush on. Haha :) I got too scared to set up a real dating profile. It would be much easier if I didn't live with my parents or had a real job or at least money to pay for a date if they guy is rude and doesn't pay.

5. Lose 50 lbs - around 1 lb a week - FAIL - I think I gained 10 lbs. Do I need to say more?

6. Pay off 1 of my student loans - FAIL - I didn't pay anything towards my student loans. In fact, I'm even going to file for another forbearance (or deferment - I get them confused) next week.

7. Go to a Vikings game - Success - I went to the Vikings/Chargers game on August 24th. It was only a preseason game but I'm going to count it. Next year I'll aim for a regular season game.

8. Build a 3 month emergency fund - FAIL - Like I said above, I have $1 in my savings account. It's not going to get me through an emergency.

9. Read 2 books a month - FAIL - I read 3 books this year.

10. Keep up to date on my sweepstakes - FAIL - I tried to keep up but I wasn't winning very much so I decided that it was a waste of time. I probably won't renew my membership next week.