I hope everyone has had a great holiday season so far. I had an amazing Christmas but now it's time to start thinking about New Year's resolutions. 2012 resolutions did not go very well. I only completed 2 goals out of 10. Very bad odds. I haven't thought much about 2013 resolutions but I will post them by the end of the week. They will probably be much easier than my 2012 goals so I can actually complete them.
2012 New Year's Resolutions Year End Update
1. Be at $2,500 a month with Adsense before the end of the year - FAIL - I'm only making about $100 a month with Adsense, however, my Amazon income has increased by a lot. I've made over $200 so far this month.
2. Pay off car loan - $3,400
- SUCCESS! - I paid off my car loan last month and already got the title. I'm so glad to not be making these payments anymore. Now I need to pay my dad back for all those times he paid it when I couldn't.
3. Save $5,000 towards the down payment on a house - FAIL - I have $1 in my savings account. That is not going to get me a very big house.
4. Set up a dating profile (I don't have to actually go on dates but I want to at least get used to contacting guys online)
- FAIL - I did sign up for a dating website but only to spy on a guy I had a crush on. Haha :) I got too scared to set up a real dating profile. It would be much easier if I didn't live with my parents or had a real job or at least money to pay for a date if they guy is rude and doesn't pay.
5. Lose 50 lbs - around 1 lb a week
- FAIL - I think I gained 10 lbs. Do I need to say more?
6. Pay off 1 of my student loans - FAIL - I didn't pay anything towards my student loans. In fact, I'm even going to file for another forbearance (or deferment - I get them confused) next week.
7. Go to a Vikings game
- Success - I went to the Vikings/Chargers game on August 24th.
It was only a preseason game but I'm going to count it. Next year I'll aim for a regular season game.
8. Build a 3 month emergency fund - FAIL - Like I said above, I have $1 in my savings account. It's not going to get me through an emergency.
9. Read 2 books a month
- FAIL - I read 3 books this year.
10. Keep up to date on my sweepstakes
- FAIL - I tried to keep up but I wasn't winning very much so I decided that it was a waste of time. I probably won't renew my membership next week.